Biebrza Site Guide Paperback
Where to watch birds and large mammals of the Biebrza Marshes
by Łukasz Mazurek
This book contains the most comprehensive and up to date information on where to find and watch wild birds and mammals of the Biebrza Marshes area, all year round.
- Dispatch in 2 business days after the payment
- Free shipping!
Out of stock
On 96 pages in full colour you will find:
- 58 spots in the Biebrza National Park area and the neighbouring Narew Valley thoroughly described and powered by GPS coordinates
- 36 detailed maps drawn by a local guide featuring car parks, viewing spots and exact species location
- Over 30 colour photographs featuring the landscape and species seen at the spots to give you even more insight into the areas mentioned
- Complete species lists of common to rarest birds and large mammals seen in each spot
- Full list of birds of the North-eastern Poland with their status and dates of arrival when applicable in Latin, English, German and Polish
- List of large mammals to be spotted in the NE Poland in Latin, English, German and Polish
- The lists/indexes of sites where the rarest and most wanted species can be spotted – for your convenience in planning the trip
Note from the author:
There are loads of tours visiting NE Poland and I’ve guided many of them. Within time I’ve discovered nobody has ever shared their local knowledge of the Biebrza Marshes on a large scale for the benefit of independent travellers.
People come to Poland for a few days of their holiday to see the rare species and if they don’t manage or simply don’t want to hire a local guide they often struggle to see all they want on their own. I meet them in the field with a map in one hand and a stack of leaflets in the other, far too often. But things you’re up to could often be seen from your hotel back yard if you had the right information on arrival.
The important word here is information. That’s what this Site Guide is about. It’s not a sweet Biebrza tale with nice photos, there have been many of them already. Nor is it a single trip report. I share all my local knowledge here; moreover, it’s other guides’ and local birdwatchers’ observations from last several years that contributed as well. All of that to give you the most comprehensive and up to date information on where to find and watch wild birds and mammals of the Biebrza Marshes area, all year round.
|Dimensions||20 x 14 cm|
Priority Post, € 6.70 in Europe
96 pages in full colour on coated matte paper
English (incl. humour :)