We do not collect any data without your consent, we do not sell your data, we do not share it with other entities, excluding the entities indicated in this Privacy & cookies policy, we do not store your credit card or bank account details. You can always edit or delete your data.
– Tomasz & Łukasz, owners of Wild Poland
Our data protection commitment
At Wild Poland we understand the concerns about how data may be stored, sent and used by companies. We are committed to complying with all data protection laws and want you to feel confident in the measures we are taking to uphold your data privacy rights.
Information we collect from you
We may collect information about you when you, or someone acting on your behalf, contact us by phone, email, post or otherwise, and when you correspond with us via our website and online forms. Information that you provide us with can take many forms, including;
- when booking holiday arrangements, we will ask you to provide information such as:
- your name, title, contact details (postal address, email address and telephone number) and marketing preferences;
- your preferred rooming arrangements and other special requests (which may include Special Categories of personal data, see below);
- where necessary, we may also request your passport details and other information directly required to provide your holiday arrangements;
- on your return from holiday we may email or post a satisfaction survey to you. This gives us specific feedback on any issue you may have experienced, and statistical data we can amalgamate in order to monitor the quality of our holidays;
- when you visit us at a public event, such as trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our festivals, we may ask for information, such as your name, contact details, interests and marketing preferences;
- when you use our online services, we may receive content that you choose to upload such as reviews, comments, photos, or details of your interests and marketing preferences;
- you may also provide us with written or photographic content for us to load on to our website, including reviews and articles.
Information we may collect when you use our website
Our websites provide us with information about your use, including:
- details of the content that you view and interact with during a browsing session;
technical information such as, but not limited to, service, product or server logs, IP address, time and location, domain, device and application settings, errors and hardware activity etc;
- email/chat communications you have with us may be monitored and logged.
Aggregated information derived from your personal data
We collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical and demographic data for analytical purposes. Whilst derived from your personal data, it is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
Special categories of personal data
We may collect, use and share the following special categories of personal data about you only where it is strictly necessary in order to deliver the travel arrangements you have purchased (for example, to assist with visa applications or ensure appropriate food for those with serious/life threatening allergies);
- dietary requirements which may disclose health matters or your religious or philosophical beliefs;
- health, including information about any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements.
If you fail to provide personal information
Should you fail to provide data required either by law, or necessary to provide your chosen travel arrangements, we will not be able to provide the services you have booked or are attempting to book. This may result in Wild Poland being unable to process your booking and be forced to cancel the booking. In this case, we will treat this as a ‘If you cancel your booking’ in accordance with the relevant Booking Conditions › and notify you accordingly.
We ask that you please take care when submitting information to us, in particular when completing free text fields or uploading documents and other materials. Some of our services are automated and we may not recognise that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.
When you make payment at Wild Poland
When you make a payment to us, we do not receive any details of your payment card or your bank account. This information is processed using a third party payment services provider and is not stored by us.
How Wild Poland uses the information that it collects
We may use the information we collect to ensure we give you the best possible customer experience and ensure the appropriate performance of the contract, including;
- to share your data with third party service providers used in the delivery of your purchased holiday arrangements. These providers will be named on your holiday confirmation and/or in your holiday documentation, and include;
- accommodation providers;
- guides and local attractions where booked on your behalf;
- to provide you with information on our products and services, and also to deal with your requests and enquiries regarding holiday arrangements;
- to contact you if we need more information or if there are changes to your travel arrangements;
- provide customer care and other after sales services;
- for staff training and quality assurance purposes;
- ask for your opinions on our products and services;
- consider employing you if you send us your details in response to our recruitment advertising or if you approach us with an employment enquiry.
We may use your information to provide you with newsletters and other communications if you have provided your prior consent or we are permitted under an identified and assessed legitimate interest.
We may use your information to create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our websites, products, services and loyalty programs, which we may share with third parties and/or make available to the public.
We may use your information to develop and improve new and existing products and services, recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about our customers’ holiday preferences in general.
Publish your reviews, comments and content
Where you upload or provide us with product reviews, comments or content to our websites that are publicly visible, we may link to, publish or publicise these materials elsewhere including in our own advertisements.
Combining the information we collect
We may link or combine the information that we collect from the different sources outlined above via a unique identifier, such as a cookie or email address. We may do this to provide a more seamless customer support whenever you contact us and to provide you with better, personalised services, content, marketing and adverts.
Sharing information about you
We will not use information about you in ways that are not explained in this Privacy Statement. We may share information about you in the following circumstances:
Legal and business purposes
- to disclose to organisations who act as data processors and perform business functions on our behalf. Such business functions include book keeping, marketing analysis and assessment of customer preferences, payment processing and email newsletter delivery;
- to share your data with third party service providers used in the delivery of your purchased holiday arrangements;
- to government bodies and law enforcement agencies to prevent fraud, to comply with the law and to meet a reasonable request from such bodies;
- to third parties (including professional advisors) to enforce or defend the legal rights of Wild Poland or the terms and conditions of any Wild Poland product or service.
We prepare anonymous, aggregate or generic data (including “generic” statistics) for a number of purposes. As we consider that you cannot reasonably be identified from this information, we may share it with trusted third parties such as our partners, advertisers, industry bodies, the media etc.
Sharing of information by you
Some of our online services allow you to upload and share messages, reviews, photos, video and other content and links with others. We will obtain consent if we publish this information on our websites, marketing collateral or social media profiles.
You should not expect any information that you make publicly available to others via our online services to be kept private or confidential and you should always exercise discretion when using such services.
This section details how we use your personal information to send you marketing communications, and how you can change your marketing preferences.
When you communicate with us, we may give you the opportunity to subscribe to our quarterly email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here ›.
You can contact us using the details in the “Contact us” section below in order to change your marketing preferences at any time.
Please note that despite opting out of marketing communications, you will still receive service communications where necessary, for example, to confirm your booking or to provide you with an update on its status.
If you ask us to stop sending marketing communications, we will retain your personal information for the purposes of indicating that you do not want to receive marketing communications.
What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons we collected and need to use your information. Under EU and Poland data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- because we need to use your information to process your booking, fulfil your travel arrangements and otherwise perform the contract we have with you;
- because there is a legitimate interest to use your personal information to operate and improve our business as a tour operator and travel provider (a legitimate interest assessment is performed prior to making this determination);
- because we need to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation;
- because you have consented to us using your information.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will keep your personal information for only as long as needed to fulfil the purposes described in this statement. For example, where you book a holiday with us, we will keep the information related to your booking, so we can fulfil the specific travel arrangements you have made and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking and to fulfil our obligations to our third party suppliers who provided your holiday arrangements. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us while you continue to engage with and purchase from us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty rewards that you may be eligible for.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal requirement, business need or customer interest for it to be retained.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for legal and tax purposes (including identity, contact, financial and transaction data) for up to 5 years after they cease being customers.
Security of your information
We take a number of steps to protect your information from unauthorised access, use or alteration and unlawful destruction, including where appropriate:
- we are PCI compliant when processing your payments;
- we put in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards to limit access to the information we collect about you;
- we monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks to identify ways to further strengthen our security.
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to buy products and holidays with us.
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
Types of cookies we use
Here are the types of cookies our websites use and some more details about what they’re used for.
First party cookies
Below is a list of the cookies set by the Wild Poland website, and the purpose of each cookie.
- cataccCookies – consent for cookie use
- tk_ai, wc_* – WooCommerce cookies (our online shop)
- wordpress_* – WordPress cookies (CMS of our website)
Third Party Cookies
Wild Poland uses a few of third party applications which also set cookies to deliver the services that they are providing. Below is a list of cookies set by third party suppliers, and the purpose of each cookie.
- _ga, _gat, _gid – Google Analytics related cookies
- yt_* – Youtube related cookies
- staticxx.facebook.com – Facebook related cookies
Access to your information and your rights
For a copy of the personal information that we store about you in our customer databases, please contact us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below. You will be asked to provide some proof of identification so that we can verify that it is you making the request.
This is in addition to your legal rights including:
- the right to access a copy of your personal information;
- the right to request the deletion or updating of any inaccurate personal data;
- and the right to object, in certain circumstances, to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may contact the Personal Data Protection Office (https://uodo.gov.pl/en) which is the regulator responsible for data protection in Poland, where Wild Poland is located. Alternatively, please contact your local data protection authority.
Links to other sites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Wild Poland. While we try to link to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of those websites. You should view the privacy and cookie policies displayed on those websites to find out how your personal information may be used.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if any of the details you provide to us should change, during the course of your relationship with us.
If you need further assistance or would like to make a comment, you can contact us in a number of ways:
By mail to Wild Poland S.C. Ł. Mazurek, T. Jezierczuk, ul. Chłodna 64 lok. 329, 00-872 Warszawa
By telephone on +48 505 139 911
By email on email@example.com
This Privacy & cookies policy version was last updated on the 13th Feb 2020.